FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
February 23, 2015
PRESS CONTACT: Monica Bardier
MANCHESTER, N.H. Do you know a Good Samaritan; submit a nomination for Pastoral Counseling Services (PCS) 2015 Good Samaritan Award. Celebrating its 20th year, the Good Samaritan Award is an annual tradition to honor individuals who pursue extraordinary measures to strengthen communities and improve life in New Hampshire. Since 1996, PCS has honored more than 100 individuals in six different categories to include: Business, Education, Media & the Arts, Medicine & Healing, Religion and Rising Star.
“This year is special as we celebrate our 20th Annual Good Samaritan Award.,” said Dr. David Reynolds, D.Min., LPP Executive Director of PCS. “This truly is a community-wide event where our nominees are everyday people doing extraordinary things for and in our community.”
Criteria for Good Samaritan Nomination:
- Nominee must be an individual or couple
- Nominee resides or works in New Hampshire
- Nominations may be made by an individual or an organization with knowledge of the nominee’s service
- Demonstrate dedication to improving quality of life of others
- Commitment to the community, helping to make it a better place to live and work
- Courage & Compassion in their actions and deeds
- Preference will be given for longevity of service
- Commitment must be performed outside the context of the nomineeâ€™s paid employment
Additional letters of recommendation in support of the nominee are encouraged. Submissions are due April 30. For more information and to download the nomination form, click here. This year’s honorees will be celebrated at the 2015 Good Samaritan Awards Banquet to be held on Tuesday, October 6, 2015.
Pastoral Counseling Services (PCS) was founded in 1979 is celebrating 35 years and provides the best psychotherapeutic techniques while respecting the natural connection between the physical, mental, emotional and spiritual dimensions in the psychotherapy process. Our desire is to provide a community in which clients Feel Heard, Feel Cared for and Feel Better. In addition to our counseling services, PCS impacts the vitality of the community by partnering with other non-profit organizations to help underserved & at risk populations with stress management techniques. PCS also honors those who pursue extraordinary measures to strengthen communities and improve life in New Hampshire with the Good Samaritan Awards, an annual tradition since 1996.