FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
March 25, 2014
PRESS CONTACT: Monica Bardier
MANCHESTER, N.H. – Pastoral Counseling Services (PCS) is seeking nominations for the 2014 Good Samaritan Award. Entering its 19th year, the Good Samaritan Award is an annual tradition to honor individuals who purse extraordinary measures to strengthen communities and improve life in New Hampshire. Since 1996, PCS has honored more than 100 individuals in six different categories to include: Business, Education, Media & the Arts, Medicine & Healing, Religion and Rising Star.
“We look forward to this event every year because it allows us to recognize an outstanding person who has made a difference in the lives of so many in New Hampshire,” said Dr. David Reynolds, Center Director of Pastoral Counseling Services. “This year is especially special for us as we celebrate PCS’ 35th Anniversary.”
Criteria for Good Samaritan Nomination:
- Nominee must be an individual or couple
- Nominee resides or works in New Hampshire
- Nominations may be made by an individual or an organization with knowledge of the nominee’s service
- Demonstrate dedication to improving quality of life of others
- Commitment to the community, helping to make it a better place to live and work
- Courage & Compassion in their actions and deeds
- Preference will be given for longevity of service
- Commitment must be performed outside the context of the nominee’s paid employment
Additional letters of recommendation in support of the nominee are encouraged. Submissions are due by March 30. For more information and to download the nomination form, visit www.pcs-nh.com. This year’s honorees will be celebrated at the 2014 Good Samaritan Awards Banquet to be held on Tuesday, October 7, 2014.
About Pastoral Counseling Services
Pastoral Counseling Services (PCS) was founded in 1979 is celebrating 35 years and provides the best psychotherapeutic techniques while respecting the natural connection between the physical, mental, emotional and spiritual dimensions in the psychotherapy process. Our desire is to provide a community in which clients Feel Heard, Feel Cared for and Feel Better. In addition to our counseling services, PCS impacts the vitality of the community by partnering with other non-profit organizations to help underserved & at risk populations with stress management techniques. PCS also honors those who pursue extraordinary measures to strengthen communities and improve life in New Hampshire with the Good Samaritan Awards, an annual tradition since 1996.